The Princess Project promotes self-confidence and individual beauty by providing free prom dresses and accessories to high school girls who cannot otherwise afford them. This effort is made possible through invaluable volunteer, donor and community support. With the help of over 300 volunteers, they help over 1,500 local teenagers make their prom dreams come true each year. Since 2007, they have given away over 6,000 donated dresses!
Coles has been a proud supporter of the Princess Project for several years, and we are looking forward to another successful dress drive this year! By bringing your donations of formal dresses and accessories to our San Diego Coles Fine Flooring location (or any other local drop off location), you can help send a deserving teen to Prom.
In order to streamline their organizational effort and solicit goods that reflect their core values and best serve their constituents, Princess Project have established the following guidelines to keep in mind before donating dresses or accessories.
- Dresses should be from 2010 to present.
- Dresses should be clean and free from damage.
- Dresses should be prom dresses, formal gowns or fancy party dresses.
- Accessories should be stylish, clean and in excellent condition.
We cannot accept:
- Garments that are out of style (unless trendy such as “vintage” or “retro” styles)
- Garments that are broken or stained
- Casual or semi-formal clothing
- Wedding dresses
The Princess Project is 100% Volunteer-led and help is always needed, find outways to get involved.
Dresses can also be shipped to:
The Princess Project
1010 Second Ave Ste: 2400
San Diego, CA 92101
Please request a tax receipt via email: DressComSD@princessproject.org