As we enter the Holiday Season and temperatures begin to fall, Yule Logs begin to burn and candles begin to flicker and chestnuts begin roasting on open fires. How else can you get into that cozy holiday spirit? But with festive fires aplenty, its a good time to remember the unparalleled fire-safe qualities of wool. Wool is the most fire-safe textile material used in interior design.
- Wool carpets have exceptionally low levels of flammability and represent the best choice for creating safe, healthy indoor environments.
- Wool is naturally flame-resistant and its performance exceeds that of all other commonly used textile fibers.
- Its higher ignition temperature makes wool much more difficult to ignite.
- Wool has a low heat of combustion and a low rate of heat release.
- If wool comes into contact with another burning surface, it won’t melt or stick and is self-extinguishing once the initial ignition source is removed.
- Wool forms an insulating char when it burns and emits less smoke and toxic gasses than formed during combustion of synthetic fibers.
So if Yule Logs and Chestnuts are a common Holiday occurrence around your home, consider wool carpet for all of its wonderful benefits — including fire-safety!