When it comes to pets, there is one universal truth that nobody can deny: Messes happen. With all the hair, odors, and inevitable (hopefully infrequent) accidents that come with having a pet, our floors are definitely subjected to a lot when it comes to our furry friends. But don’t worry—STAINMASTER® carpet is up to the task!
We know stains happen. Life is messy. STAINMASTER® PetProtect™ carpet is durable, stain-resistant and designed to last for years and years. In other words, it is the perfect carpet for pet owners and it lasts even longer with a bit of easy care. A little bit of regular maintenance will keep your carpet looking beautiful and will also ensure that if you ever need to, you can take advantage of your warranty.
- Weekly vacuuming will remove dry soil particles that can dull fibers and cause matting.
- Place glides under heavy furniture to combat crushing.
- Rotate furniture to give carpet a rest.
- Close blinds or shades to avoid long hours of direct sunlight that could cause fading.
EVERY 18 MONTHS
- A professional steam cleaning/hot water extraction at least once every 18 months is required to maintain your warranty.
WHEN ACCIDENTS HAPPEN
- Clean spills promptly.
- If you cannot clean immediately, you can still remove most stains after 24 hours.
- Flush the stain using mild dishwashing detergent and water. Blot excess moisture with a clean white cloth, moving from outer edge of stain toward the middle.
FOR PET URINE
- Soak up and blot spill.
- Apply tested cleaning solution.
- Leave solution on for at least 5 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water; cover with white paper towel.
Mix 1/4 teaspoon mild liquid dish soap with one cup warm water.
Mix 2 tablespoons white vinegar with 4 cups warm water.
NOTE: These practices also work on wine or dirt stains!