You may protect your cork floor by taking the following precautions:
- To help eliminate fine particles of dirt/grit that act like sandpaper and will scratch any floor, vacuum or sweep as needed.
- Spills should be wiped up immediately.
- Use walk-off mats at entrance doors and in front of kitchen sink. Avoid rubber backed or other non-ventilated mats or rugs.
- In the kitchen, use a rug in front of the working areas such as in front of the stove and sink to prevent local premature wear.
- Install proper protectors under “feet” of furniture. Caster wheeled chairs should have wide casters. A protective mat should be used under office chairs.
- Maintain a minimum humidity of 50% in the room. If necessary, use a humidifier.
- Periodically check floor for signs of wear. Weight distribution is a key factor in preventing indentation.
- Sweep or vacuum floor frequently in order to avoid build up of abrasive particles.
- Use only cleaners specified for use on prefinished hardwood available from your local retailer or home center. No wet maintenance!
- When the floor starts to show a traffic pattern and signs of wear it is time to renew the finish. For cork floors surfaced with acrylic finish a new coat of polyurethane will make the floor look new again and prolong its lifespan. Natural Cork recommends that a flooring professional be employed for this process and that strict adherence to the finish manufacturer’s guidelines be observed.
SIGN UP NOW TO RECEIVE YOUR $100 DISCOUNT, IT’S EASY!
You can use your discount on our special promotions on carpets, hard surface flooring and area rugs.
(AND that includes all Closeouts and Promotional Items!)