If you have small children, pets, or entertain in your home a lot, you know firsthand just how difficult it can be to keep your carpet looking brand new. Spots, spills, & odors can add up over time, and your carpeting can become lackluster and appear dingy- but there are steps you can take to extend the life of your carpeting, and succeed in making it look new again.
- Here are some things to keep in mind when getting your carpeting professionally cleaned:
- Many professional carpet cleaning companies will use different cleaning methods, and it is important to find out which will be used in your home: steaming, shampooing, or dry chemical cleaning.
- Also ask how long your carpet will need to remain unused.
- Schedule cleanings every 18-24 months for routine cleaning, or more frequently in cases of heavier traffic and soiling
- Make sure to keep any invoices or receipts from the company, for your carpet manufacturer’s warranty purposes
Hiring a professional company to clean your carpet is the safest and most effective route to take when dealing with heavy soiling and/or odors. It is a worthwhile investment that will keep your home’s carpet looking newer, longer.